Hi, my name is Kel Good, yes, and I’m a real person, not a fake name hiding behind an alias but a real Christian guy just like you the only difference is I discovered a way to beat my porn and masturbation addiction and I’m here to tell you that you can too.
Tell me if this describes your life:
“The porn and masturbation compulsion is different for us Christian men - our addiction is twice as bad not only are we ruining our lives and our families but we also feel the guilt and shame worse than non-Christian worldly guys do because of our relationship with God.”
- Each time you ‘fall’ you are filled with guilt and shame - feel worthless and defenseless against your porn addiction.
- You want to honor God with your body and you don't feel like you're doing a very good job of it.
- You completely identify with what the Apostle Paul says in Romans 7 that "the good I want to do I don't do. The evil I don't want. That's what I keep on doing!"
- You know you are doing wrong, you pledge to stop after your next session, only to be compelled to do it again and again and again.
That’s how it was for me.
I missed out on so much of what should have been important and wonderful family time.
I remember one very heart wrenching experience when my oldest son was about 7.
At that time, I was still working outside the home during week days.
One Saturday morning my son came up to me and told me he loved Saturdays. When I asked him why he told me it was because it was the time Daddy was home.
Who wouldn't be moved by that?
You see instead of spending time playing with my kids on Saturdays like a normal dad would, I was busy as usual spending my time surfing porn sites, while my kids were downstairs watching cartoons on TV.
If I had to add up all the time wasted, the family obligations I missed out on, the guilt and shame that ate me alive you can understand why I thought I was a miserable sinner doomed to hell.
I did not think there was any way out I thought I was totally consumed and addicted that I could never change.
"What will happen to you?
Do you just end up a lonely old man in a
room somewhere masturbating?"
That was me before I discovered that there IS a method to beat the worst porn and masturbation addiction because I had it bad and now I’m free of it. I broke its back and I can teach you what I did so you can have that same freedom too!
Does this sound like you?:
- Constantly trying to find time to be alone at home sitting in front of your computer watching porn, while the family is out spending time doing things together?
- While they are out ‘missing Dad’ you’re at your home-office surfing the net, looking for more hard-core porn than the last batch you watched?
- Does your porn addiction lead you to become completely sexually unconnected with your wife?I remember times lying in bed waiting for her to fall asleep. Then I would quietly masturbate there beside her in the dark, imagining a ‘hot’ porn spread I had viewed.
- How about risking your job by using your computer at work to view porn?
- Using up data costs on your phone as you are compelled to visit porn sites in secret more and more?
You know, this addiction is not your fault.
Our brains are hard-wired to receive a chemical response each time we orgasm. It’s not just the pleasure of the climax, it’s a more insidious problem when you masturbate because you feel a flood of chemicals that are like a narcotic, some designed to help you bond with your partner. But if your partner is not there this chemical only drives you and your real partner further and further apart.
The reason porn is so addictive is that you come to associate it with the experience you have when you orgasm. As we know, this experience isn't just physical. It's neurological.
When you orgasm a chemical called dopamine gets released into your brain where cell receptors receive it and give you a pleasure response.
Everything sounds good, right?
The problem is, the more dopamine "hits" these cell receptors experience, the less sensitive they become and the fewer there are available to give the desired response.
So, your pleasure response becomes less and less, even though you expose yourself to the same degree of stimulation through porn.
Because of this satiation effect, the only way you can get the same high is to consume a greater volume and variety of porn, depicting more and more graphic behaviors.
Of course, this just becomes an endless downward spiral where you are more and more hooked on the "drug."